The leading cause of motorcycle accidents is the failure of a motorist to detect a motorcyclist in traffic. When this happens, it can lead to the serious injury of a motorcyclist.
Whether you are the motorist or the motorcyclist, you need to know your rights, your options, and the things to consider when hiring a motorcycle accident attorney in Fresno, CA.
It’s important that you know your rights regarding fault and claims after you experience a motorcycle accident. Check out the following:
- Even if the traffic collision report made at the scene of your accident finds you to be at fault, you may still have a claim due to errors and biases.
- The testimony of a reporting officer (who did not witness the accident) isn’t the last word when determining fault.
- It may not be advisable to give a recorded statement to an insurance company before discussing the matter with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Fresno, CA.
- Your insurance carrier has an obligation to act in good faith. This means they won’t care who is at fault and will just focus on getting you the proper insurance benefit payout.
- California’s “Comparative Fault” law states that you may still be able to pursue and obtain a settlement even if you are partly at fault for an accident.
- In California, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. However, if the lawsuit is against a government entity, the deadline is only six months.
What to Consider Before Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fresno, CA
While it’s possible and economical to represent yourself for a small, uncomplicated claim, here are the reasons you should consider hiring an expert motorcycle accident lawyer in Fresno, CA when your case is less straightforward:
- An attorney has special knowledge, skills, and experience that can help strengthen your position and prove you are not at fault.
- An attorney can handle all the insurance and legal meetings, negotiations, court appearances, and paperwork, all while avoiding numerous roadblocks.
- An attorney will listen carefully and offer much-needed support during this stressful time.
- An attorney can not only increase the value of your claim, but can also help you recover a higher net amount.
Experiencing a motorcycle accident is a traumatic experience that can lead to serious, lasting effects both physically and financially. Proving you’re not at fault and receiving a settlement can help you recover what was lost.
If you’re curious to know if you have a case, contact The Law Offices of David L. Milligan today!
It may be a bit tricky to know if your unfortunate situation calls for the help of a personal injury attorney in Fresno, CA.
Here are five signs that the answer is “Yes!” to making the call.
1. You Are Suffering Physically, Mentally, and/or Financially
No matter what caused your damages, there is no doubt you can suffer tremendously for years as a result.
If you have any of the following, contacting a good injury lawyer in Fresno, CA may be your best bet:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Property damage
2. You Don’t Like Taking Risks
Filing a lawsuit can be a bit of a gamble when you don’t have a qualified, patient injury lawyer on your side. If you don’t want to take on the risk of defending yourself against the insurance company’s lawyers or be bullied into accepting their low-ball settlement offer, hiring your own attorney can significantly stack the odds in your favor.
3. You Enjoy Having Peace of Mind
Knowing your case is being handled completely and competently gives the peace of mind you need and deserve during this trying time. You’ve already endured trauma and injury, so having a lawyer take on the burden of your case can be incredibly relieving.
4. You Aren’t Up for a Marathon
While it would be most convenient for all parties to come to a reasonable agreement as quickly as possible, that’s just not how most lawsuits tend to go. In fact, it can even take years to receive a fair settlement. However, just like crossing the line at the end of a marathon, the results are worth it! Your attorney will cheer you on and continually work hard to get you awarded your well-earned prize at the end.
Turn to The Law Offices of David L. Milligan
If you are in need of an experienced personal injury lawyer in Fresno, CA who has your best interests at heart, please contact The Law Offices of David L. Milligan where you will find the help and support you deserve during this trying time.
There were nearly 90 million dogs living in US households in 2017. With those kinds of numbers, it’s no wonder that dog bites requiring medical treatment occur in the hundreds of thousands each and every year. We love our pets, but sometimes a man’s best friend can be dangerous. Continue reading Compensation for a Dog Bite: Amounts…
You’re driving through a parking lot. You’re obeying all the stop signs and slowing down for the speed bumps. It’s a big parking lot, so it’s taking a while to get through it. Then, almost out of nowhere, another vehicle shows up, driving up out of your left-side blind spot and attempting to pass you. You’re completely shocked and startled by the car’s sudden appearance. And it’s close. Too close. And suddenly the vehicle hits yours with enough force to send you crashing into a nearby light post. Continue reading Is an Auto Accident Considered Negligence?…
If you or someone you love was bitten by a dog, David L. Milligan can help. Read on to learn more about the penalties for dog owner negligence and how to get the legal representation you need. Continue reading Penalties for Dog Owner Negligence…
If you’ve been harmed in an accident that could’ve been prevented, you may be the victim of negligence. There are many types of negligence under U.S. law, and you could be eligible to receive compensation for your injury. Keep reading to learn more about different types of negligence and how to get the compensation you deserve. Continue reading Types of Negligence and How to Get Help…
According to a recently published study by ValuePenguin, California State Route 99 is not only the deadliest highway in CA, it is also the deadliest in the entire country. The city of Fresno was found to be the most dangerous city along this route with 35 fatal accidents across a five year period. Continue reading Why State Route 99 is One of the Most Dangerous Roads in CA…
Every year, California sees far too many car accidents related to distracted driving. In 2017, almost 22,000 drivers were involved in a distracted-driving-related California car accident.
Ever since “hands-free” cell phone usage became part of California’s auto accident laws, there has been a decrease in the number of deaths related to distracted driving. However, distracted driving still remains a major problem within the state. Continue reading California Car Accident Laws Regarding Distracted Driving…
A personal injury incident can be a life-changing event that leaves a permanent physical and emotional mark. On the other hand, there are personal injury events that seem minor at first and are often considered to be inconsequential. It’s tempting to think you don’t need legal representation in these cases, but that would be a mistake.
Continue reading Why You Should Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer…
A motorcycle gives a sense of freedom and a feeling of the open road that cannot be reproduced with any other vehicle, but sometimes things happen that are beyond your control. Here are some tips that can help you decrease your risk of an accident, but if the worst does happen, remember to contact a good motorcycle accident injury lawyer to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Continue reading Motorcycle Safety Tips That Could Save Your Life…